- This event has passed.
MCTG Sangamon River Fall Float
October 10 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$5.00
Join Menard County Trails & Greenways members and friends Oct 10 for a DIY fall float on the Sangamon River. We will launch at 1pm from Gudgel Road Bridge and float five miles to New Salem State Historic Site where we will gather ’round a warm fire for physically distanced fellowship. We anticipate taking out at New Salem by approximately 4 pm.
A DIY float means that participants must:
- bring and manage their own boats;
- arrange their own shuttles between launch and take-out;
- bring their own seats, food, and drink, if they choose to stick around after the float.
Though the intent is to float at a Covid-safe distance from others, please bring/wear a mask just in case you are closer than 6 feet to a fellow paddler. Of course, we ask you to skip this float if you are feeling sick of or have symptoms.
Registration is limited and closes October 8! We are asking participants to pay $5 to cover administrative costs. Register Now!
Each Participant MUST:
- Register online before October 8, 2019
- Sign a Waiver and Release of Liability form
- Provide a canoe or kayak and paddles
- Provide a PFD (personal flotation device)
- Manage their own boats, and arrange their own shuttles between launch and take-out. (Detailed launch and take-out site directions will be provided after online registration.)
- In the event the float must be cancelled due to inclement weather or unsafe river conditions registrants will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation policy for participants: $5 ticket price will be 100% refunded if cancelled prior to October 8, 2020. Refunds will not be granted after October 8, 2020.